Monday, June 22, 2009

If My Hat Had Wings


If my hat had wings my hair would fly,
but then my lonely head would cry.
No, it could not be left below.
Well, my neck would also want to go!
If my hat, hair, head and neck took flight
would my shoulders feel left out? They might.
But, wait! My arms can’t leave my shoulders.
They’d fall off without their holders!
Then what good would be my chest?
It needs my arms to get it dressed.
If my chest, arms and shoulders flew,
what would my topless belly do?
Join the flight (like you’d expect)
before my chest could disconnect.
My hips and waist without a doubt
would join rather than feel left out,
which would make my legs perplexed.
Therefore they would follow next.
But I would be incomplete
because I have such stubborn feet.
They’d say, “Why fly when we can walk?”
(Wait a second! Feet can’t talk!)


No comments:

Post a Comment