Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lessons My Daddy Taught to Me


My daddy said when I turned one,
“If you don’t have teeth
you can’t chew gum.”

Then he taught when I turned two,
“Don’t put both feet
in just one shoe.”

When I turned three we both agreed,
“When you’re sitting still
there’s a faster speed.”

He told me this when I turned four,
“You can come in a window
and look out a door.”

I got this advice when I turned five,
“Don’t play drums
on a beehive.”

He made it clear when I turned six,
“You can break a trombone
but it’s hard to fix.”

When I turned seven he showed me how,
“You can save your money
if you milk the cow.”

My dad declared when I turned eight,
“Even the sun can
wake up late.”

I was warned when I turned nine,
“If you’re tired
don’t sit on a porcupine.”

But my best tip came when I turned ten,
“Listen to yourself
whenever you can.”

No comments:

Post a Comment