Sunday, June 14, 2009

Once I Climbed a Cloud


I saw a cloud all alone
and all around it sunshine shone
through sky as blue as any sky I’d seen.

I’d say it was a perfect day
in the perfect month, the month of May.
I lay on grass that was a perfect green.

The cloud was sugary and white,
all fluffiness and full of light.
I thought that it looked good enough to eat.

It grew bigger all around
as if the cloud was falling down,
and not just falling down, but down on me.

Fast then faster that cloud grew
and I could have run, but run where to?
The cloud was growing way too big, it seemed.

With a Hoooosh! it softly landed
on my lawn, the cloud was stranded,
and I was stranded also, underneath.

I squeezed fistfuls of cloud and climbed.
With every reach I made I’d find
another squeeze to hold so easily.

When finally I reached the top
I lay backward with a flop.
Oh what delight! That cloud was luxury!

Everywhere was white as snow
except the sky of perfect blue.
It was the perfect place to fall asleep.

When I awoke the cloud was gone,
not in the sky or on my lawn.
I’m sad to say that cloud was just a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment